Revisions and downloads
- Windows’ Smart Screen may block the installation. You can disable the Smart Screen from the Control Panel.
- The User Account Control may block / warn against the installation. Ignore or click “more info” to proceed.
- Windows Defender may prevent write access to designated part of “My Documents”, and perhaps other parts of the hard-drive too. Write access can be restored under settings for threat and virus protection.
- Contact us if you’re in doubt – and we will verify that the install files are still 100% OK.
- According to a couple of users, Audiolense doesn’t run on machines with more than 31 cpu cores. We are working on diagnosing the cause. A workaround is to limit the number of cores used through MSConfig (Win+R | msconfig | Boot | Advanced Options | Number of processors) and set it at a maximum of 31 cores.
If the program doesn’t run normally, you may need one or two of these:
Press hyperlink to download
[21 oct 2020]
- Fixed a crash bug on saving filters for Audiolense convolver
- Fixed a time alignment bug related to autocorrect polarity.
[2 sep 2020]
- Fixed a bass management bug that appeared with more than 10 speakers.
[24 aug 2020]
- Correction with RIAA wasn’t working for the Audiolense convolver format. Fixed.
- GUI improvements: User settings for dB range (frequency chart), ms range (group delay chart) and frequency range (both) is saved and restored in the next session.
- GUI switches automatic to time domain view on time domain analysis.
[10 jun 2020]
- Support for higher sample rate (400 kHz)
- New filter format: Mono wave (plus config files)
[22 apr 2020]
- A chrash causing bug in minimum delay crossovers was eliminated
[18 apr 2020]
- Replacing spaces with underscores from chosen Roon correction name
[08 apr 2020]
- Removed spaces from Roon correction name default
- Fixed a couple of bugs related to the use of mid frequency. This will have only a subtle impact in some situations.
- Noise remove added to existing menu item in measurement form
[13 mar 2020]
- Roon format implemented with zipped files.
- A “shared sub” bug has been fixed.
- Eliminated filterlist and correction files folder
- Fixed rare occuring mic calibration error in evaluation.
- Reinstated transfer of timing from allinone msm to other types.
- Fixed a mic calibration problem in the mesurement form.
[27 jan 2020]
- The new speaker driver alignment came with a bug on TTD per driver…
[25 jan 2020]
Audiolense 6.2 (64 bit)
Audiolense 6.2 (32 bit)
- More robust & reliable speaker driver alignment. The improvement addresses a very rare but serious issue of misalignment of low frequency drivers. Test with a number of measurements suggests that most users will either get the exact same result or a time domain improvement improvement that is probably too small to be heard.
[12 jan 2020]
- Clock drift correction: The correction if each pulse has been slightly improved. In addition there was a time alignment bug that has been fixed.
- Bass boost limiter was operating on a too high frequency. That has been fixed.
[26 dec 2019]
- fixed a channel routing bug in the audiolense convolver correction object
[23 dec 2019]
Audiolense 6.0 (64 bit)
Audiolense 6.0 (32 bit)
The bullet points:
- Most of all, and why this is a new version – Audiolense has been prepared to work in conjunction with the work-in-progress convolver. This will amongst other things support variable length filters (short for tweeter, long for sub woofer), including variable length crossover. A new correction file format for the convolver has also been implemented.
- Wasapi exclusive mode has been implemented. This simplifies non-asio measurements. In principle this should make wasapi as good as asio for measurement.
- User can enforce clock drift correction during measurement.
- The TTD correction have been modified in several places to be more robust and more precise.
- Treble and bass boost limit has been revised in order to be more user friendly.
- Faster filter generation: Multithreading has been implemented for 64 bit version.
- Peak identification which is important to driver & xo alignment have been revised to be more consistent.
- The selective preringing prevention in the time domain correction have been made more robust and hopefully more precise.
- Check speaker connection (measurement) failed under certain conditions. Made a fix to that.
- Implemented a workaround for multi seat correction problem. Cases where the smoothed msm is corrupted. The workaround is to remove and re-enter the measurements to the multi seat pool.
- Some of the less used presets had wrong filter length. This has been fixed.
- Fixed errors related to resampling of measurements.
- The correction generation batch job has been taken out.
[8 dec 2019]
Audiolense 6.0 beta (64 bit)
Audiolense 6.0 beta (32 bit)
A new compilation since the last (64 bit) revision was extremely slow. This one has normal speed.
[28 nov 2019]
New beta revision implementing unicode in the player in an attempt to support languages with complex letters, such as japanese and chinese.
[20 nov 2019]
New beta revision where the check speaker connection has been addressed.
[18 sep 2019]
This is a beta release that involves major changes to the code, and only limited bug testing has been undertaken. The beta is released early due to high demand from users who have experienced measurement problems lately. The combination of usb mic and usb card has created problems frequently. If something else fails, the measurement can always be uploaded in Audiolense 5.5 for further processing.
The release also contains a way to deal with a multiseat correction problem where exceptions deep down made the measurements files unfit for the multiseat pool.
All other users are mostly welcome to test the beta. Some of you may get better sound – and we appreciate any help we can get with identifying new bugs that have emerged.
[20 nov 2018]
Fixed a bug related to manual entry of very short filters in correction designer.
Changed default setting in XO with longer TTD window due to the latest years’experience.
Increased filter lengths on Audiolense 2.0 and surround filters.
Target designer: Remembers form size.
[15 sep 2018]
Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the program to crash after changing the speaker setup.
[13 apr 2018]
Some tuning on peak identification function. Will help on a few subwoofers. No difference for most.
Fixed a target bug for 2.0 and surround
[28 feb 2018]
Audiolense 5.2 (64 bit) Rev 5.2.6633.41826
Audiolense 5.2 (32 bit) Rev 5.2.6633.41816
Bug fix: Partial correction had a malfunction when not all speakers were partially corrected.
[25 feb 2018]
Audiolense 5.2 (64 bit)
Audiolense 5.2 (32 bit)
Change in target designer: New file name is suggested when an old target is edited.
Three minor bug fixes.
[24 dec 2017]
Audiolense 5.1 (64 bit) Rev 5.1.6567.21035
Audiolense 5.1 (32 bit) Rev: 5.1.6567.21024
Minor bug fix to preserve length of measurement ir for higher sample rates. It was unintentionally reset to 44.1/48 length at a stage in the correction algorithm. The bug sometimes affected filters at high sample rates.
[14 dec 2017]
Audiolense 5.1 (64 bit)
Audiolense 5.1 (32 bit)
MIcrophone calibration can now be embededded and sealed in the measurement. Old method still works, though.
A few changes to improve the robustness of the new TTD correction algorithm.
Updated Target Designer to reflect user’s prior selection of percentage minphase and linphase. (XO version only)
Fixed a bug that made the correction settings somewhat sensitive to sample rate.
Removed an annoying chart that popped out in the check speaker connection.
[01 oct 2017]
Rare occuring error in check speaker connection fixed.
Updated help file with new info about target design.
Added pdf help file.
This version runs with licenses supported 31.12.2016
[03 sep 2017]
Audiolense 5.0 (64 bit)
Audiolense 5.0 (32 bit)
Bug fixes from the latest beta:
- Clock drift correction did not work properly in the beta.
- Check speaker connection did not work properly on some setups in the beta.
New in Audiolense 5.0:
- The core algorithms have been completely reworked
- TTD correction per speaker and / or per driver.
- Partial correction has been extended to include partial TTD correction
- Clock drift correction in measurement is now practically perfect.
- Sophisticated pre-ringing prevention in TTD correction, including:
- Hands-on noise removal from the measurement
- A test run that enables the user to inspect removal of problematic reflections
- An option for selective removal of problematic reflections
- Improved TTD pre-filtering that is much more robust and effective than earlier with regards to pre-ringing
- Incrased flexibility in bass management, including multi-driver subwoofers and cascaded bass offloading.
- As a result, it is much easier to achieve a TTD correction without Audioble pre-ringing.
- Target Designer enebles various combinations of minimum and linear phase targets.
- Improved crossover handling with cleaner pulse, especially combined with TTD Correction.
- TTD combined with minimum phase crossover is now included.
[07 feb 2017]
Audiolense 5.0 beta (64 bit)
Audiolense 5.0 beta (32 bit)
[11 april 2015]
Various bug fixes
[31 dec 2014]
Improved correction boost limiting. Gives more consistent and predictable amount of correction.
Support for MiniDSP hardware: OpenDRC and miniSHARC.
Various minor gui changes
Various bug fixes
[8 jun 2014]
Audiolense 4.11 (64 bit)
Audiolense 4.11 (32 bit)
Various bug fixes
– Rare problem in config files
– Corrected sign on no-correction attenuation in partial correction.
– Subwoofer bug in minimum delay correction.
Known issues: False warnings may be given regarding playback format and channel routing
[4 apr 2014]
Audiolense 4.10 (64 bit)
Audiolense 4.10 (32 bit)
Various minor improvements and bug fixes
[3 jan 2014]
Audiolense 4.9 (64 bit version for 64 bit Windows)
* 64 bit version – hopefully beneficial to large speaker setups
* Setup file stored in programdata folder.
* Fixed a new sub woofer bug
* Optional clock drift correction for measurement with two different devices. (Beta status)
* Changes to the hardware ID generation function.
[24 dec 2013]
New features and fixes:
* Refined bass management +10dB LFE functionality. The boost accounts for number of subwoofers being used. The purpose is to improve the overall gain of the filters.
* Extended the length of the simulation to better support high sample rates.
* Fikset partial bug
* Fixed global correction bug for sub woofer.
[20 dec 2012]
* Implemented choice between using target as eq or not in partial corr
* Changed the hardware ID generation. File is now stored in the Audiolense folder under My Documents.
* Reduced default measurement level to -20dB
* Added “export simulation” function.
Crossover resampling bug
A save target bug that caused confusion.
Rare measurement bug that occured with several measurement groups on very large speaker setups
Various other bug fixes
[20 dec 2012]
Better integration with JRiver Media Center
Improved partial correction. We recommend everyone with an XO license to try it out.
[19 dec 2012]
Back-dated to run with support past 1 dec 2011.
New in Audiolense 4.2-4.5:
Two different methods for pre-ringing suppression (Optional, Audiolense XO)
Optional low pass crossover for subwoofers – default is 250 Hz (Audiolense XO)
Improved crossover handling that leads to better correction and better stopband rejection in the crossovers.
Improved frequency correction (Audiolense XO And Surround)
Improved memory management -> improved stability with large setups.
Choice between minimum phase and linear phase measurement. Linear phase is default.
The measurement module has been prepared to handle very long measurements for large systems.
Improved peak identification and speaker driver alignment with digital crossovers.
The multi seat correction can now combine measurements with different sample rates.
Optional 64 bit float correction filters. 32 bit float is default.
Optional 10dB amplification of the LFE channel.
A number of bug fixes and incremental improvements
[7 apr 2011]
A bug in the demo that prevented using demo measurements have been fixed
New: Separate preringing control in Audiolense XO.
[ 5 feb 2011]
Try before you buy functionality in the demo
A new True Time Domain Correction towards minimum phase target for faster rise time.
More analysis functions
Various bug fixes and GUI improvements
[13 apr 2010]
Allowed minimum measurement and correction window (use value 0 and only the first pulse is used)
Mic cal required to have at least 10 values
Bug in correction procedyre designer due to new short 4k filters fixed
[11 feb 2010]
Short 4k filters (Audiolense XO).
Improved memory allocation for increased stability on very large speaker setups.
Flexible form size on speaker setup and measurement – for large setups
Removed stop band from group delay view
Implemented mic calibration view
Minor improvements bass management
Minor improvement measurement smoothing
[21 dec 2009]
Minor bug fix in measurement quality report.
More important: Revised help file, including H2 do up to 6 channels of correction with John River Media Center and Sourceforge Convolver – for audio as well as video.
[20 nov 2009]
* Bug in the RMS measurement monitoring fixed. It produced false measurement errors.
[15 nov 2009]
* Improved & rebuilt measurement monitoring.
* Various minor bug fixes.
[02 sep 2009]
* Recommended to all users
* Improved measurement quality assurance. Some users are likely to have correction based on measurements with minor flaws,
and will experience sound quality improvements.
* Measurement quality report as part of the above
* A reinforced bias towards Asio measurement and full duplex. Users are being informed of the risks involved in departuring from the recommended path.
* The tolerance for latency during measurement has been increased. And the extracted IR is examined to be complete before it is “released”.
* Audiolense XO with optional multi seat (multi measurement) corrections.
* Real time measurement monitoring (SPL meter)
* Reduced the latency with minimal delay crossovers
* The output channels can now be overridden by the users. In the measurement module
* Multichannel input support. A high numbered input can now be used to capture the microphone feed
* Parts of the correction algorithms that worked less than optimal under certain conditions have been reworked
* Various GUI improvements
[03 apr 2009]
* Only recommended to those who experience the evaluation bug.
On certain combinations of setup and correction procedyre, the evaluation will fail with the previous release.
The bug causing it is fixed here. This release was done while new functionality to be released later was under development,
and has not been tested extensively.
[24 mar 2009]
* Error on reading long mic calibration files has been fixed. Only relevant to users where the mic cal file hasn’t been working at all.
[22 mar 2009]
* Eliminated unhandled exception related to evaluation curves
* Small improvement of group delay correction
* Removed delay from measurement view in main form
[12 mar 2009]
* Fixed the below exception when mic calibration file is used
[11 mar 2009]
* Fixed save setup bug on speaker setup form closing
* Fixed unhandled exception that occured with some setups when repeated corrections were made
[07 mar 2009]
* RIAA correction filters included in the XO version. Includes standard and enhanced RIAA. The filters can be
integrated in the correction or generated and saved separately.
* Increased impulse response length on high sample rates.
* Changed evaluation to show actual delay
* Everything related to time alignment and polarity has been worked over. Will affect subwoofers and setups
unusual impulse responses.
* Diverse technical improvements to some of the core algorhithms in the correction.
* A large number of small bug fixes and improved exception handling.
[12 nov 2008]
Old lincense owner who are still on support can request a new license.
* Changed to 12 dB boost limiting in the “more correction” procedures
* Calibration bug on combined corrections identified and fixed.
* the mic cal reader able to read files with wrong decimal separator.
* Bug in global correction with combo of active and passive speaker fixed.
* Bug with several targets and active systems fixed
[10 oct 2008]
Audiolense 3.0.3205.19455 (for old licenses)
* Improved measurement peak identification
* User enabled to disable automatic polarity correction
* Speaker and driver delay can be changed manually
* Fixed speaker-by speaker measurement bug
[03 oct 2008]
Audiolense 3.0.3198.9654 (for licenses issued before the 3.0 release)
*Fixed a bug that corrupted 2.0 corrections in the twochannels license.
[17 sep 2008]
Audiolense 3.0 (for licenses issued before the 3.0 release)
Audiolense 3.0 is a thorough makeover and represents a huge step forward.
* New and improved correction procedures in all three versions of Audiolense.
* The changes has made it easier to dial in target response that sounds good. New targets has to be drawn to benefit from the improvements.
* More sophisticated correction algorithms supports various degrees of frequency domain biased vs time domain biased correction (Audiolense XO).
* Sample measurement files are now included for a better Audiolene demo experience
* New helpfile
* Even more flexible cross-over system than before (XO).
* Support for super-long filters. (XO)
* Custom sampling frequency in measurement and in correction filters.
* Measurement export function to 3.rd party analysis programs – also in demo mode.
* Optional unfiltered evaluation of correction result.
* NB! The order of speakers have been changed to comply with the waveformatextensible speaker position scheme. This is likely to affect many surround setups.
* Driver integration and time alignment has been revised and improved further.
* Bugfix to the batch filter generator.
* The correction procedure interface has been simplified in some areas and complicated in others to support the new correction methods.
* EQ functionality: When partial correction is used, the target will work as an equalizer in the uncorrected region.
* A myriad of techical improvements under the hood for better technical performance and more robustness.
* Several small user interface changes for an even better user experience.
[16 mar 2008]
Highly recommended for Audiolense Surround users.
* Slightly improved driver integration for minimum phase filters with linear phase crossovers. Great improvements for minimum phase crossovers.
* Adjustment to config files to prevent Windows Media Player + Convolver from choosing wrong sampling frequency
* Improved screen resolution adaption in the Target Designer
* Various bug minor bug fixes.
We recommend that all users install the new version and keep the old one just in case.
[20 jan 2008]
Time alignment resampling bug fixed. The time alignment was not properly resampled earlier.
[8 dec 2007]
Now with a complete rework of the measuremodule – including support for Asio, Direct Sound and Windows MME. In addition:
The measurement bandwidth is further improved. Even the shortest measurement at 44,1 kHz will now be ruler flat to over 20 kHz. The measurement procedure is much faster. We have speeded up the generation of measurement files and the impulse response generation. Use Asio if you can. If not, try MME and Direct Sound and pay attention to the high frequencies. Use the one with the largest measured bandwidth if there is any difference.
We recommend that all users install the new version and keep the old one just in case.
[12 oct 2007]
Note: Old measurements will not load.
Major improvements in the measurement module: The bandwidth of the measurement has been improved. Even the shortest measurement duration now produces full 20Hz – 20kHz measurement with 48 kHz sampling.
96 kHz and floating point measurement is now working. Enabled user to choose to record from left, right or from a mono mic input. This will prevent noise from open inputs to creep into the measurement.
Connection is OK raised an exception if test signal hadn’t been started. Fixed. Fixed the channel ID routine, implemented square wawes for channel id, and a tighter test regime.
Set default sweepstop on subs to 200 Hz.
Revised the directory structure. User can choose default directory, and each Audiolense revision x.x will be installed side by side with old revisions.
Minor improvements in the filter correction procedures: Changed the “longer” correction procedure in 2.0 and Surround version to account for a longer time window of the measurement. Improved frequency smoothing function. Implemented polarity check in the measurement procedure. Low passed drivers will be inverted when required by the XO.
Various visual improvements and visual bug fixes: Added manual y axis control in several charts. Moved the “Filter measurement” button one step up the ladder.
Improvements in the target designer: Target location can now be adjusted in height (but it will not affect the correction filter). Fixed target designer bug that caused troubles when Audiolense wa set to 96 kHz sampling. Improved the targets’ stopband performance.
A string of not reported bugs has been identified and fixed.
[26 August 2007]
* Licensing arrangement revised
* “Open filter folder” added as button and in menu in main form.
* Audiolense 2.0 now has three filter procedures (short / default / long)
* Audiolense Surround now has 2×3 filter procedures (short / default / long – Linear XO / Minimum delay XO)
* Fixes of various bugs not reported.
[28 August 2007]
Audiolense 1.0 for the beta test program license
[04 August 2007]
Audiolense 0.9.2772.24808 (beta)
* Partial correction
* Config files with playback format and channel routing for Convolver
* Suggested measurement level based on last performed measurement
* Default file names now works in french version
* Improved exeption handling in the speaker setup section and elsewhere
* Various bugs not reported by users
* The number of correction filters on complex setups with bass management has been optimiced and reduced.
* Boost limiting was limiting too much on speakers with high spl in the treble region. The boost limiting is now more based on the true average sensitivity of the speaker / driver
* Minor changes to
* Individual correction of parallell /partly parallell drivers are now supported (just turn on the XO verification box in the XO setting tab)
[15 June 2007]
Audiolense 0.9.2722.4625 (beta)
Bugs fixed that will be vital in some setups. Errors in the speaker setup detail section that could influence the correction procedure has been fixed.
Improved exeption handling in speaker setup details. Such as when the user deletes a subwoofer that another speaker is using.
[June 07. 2007]
Audiolense 0.9 (beta)
On Windows Vista beta there has been problems with playback of measurement signals with some sound cards. The problems are depending on the choosen sampling frequency in Audiolense and the audio setup in Vista. Sofar we have always had sucessful measurements when Vista is set to 44.1kHz default and 44.1kHz is used for measurement in audiolense.
There are minor discrepancies between some of the helpfile illustrations and the applications.
Unusual command sequences have been known to cause program errors. to cause program errors.